Marc Lehmann wrote on Mit, 03 Nov 1999:
>On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 03:07:49PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>  And I can't think of something more bad than halfdone things... we even
>>  have Plug-ins which are half-translated... nice feature, right?
>
>Well, half-translated is surely better than not translated at all, so this is
>IMHO no reason to switch it of totally.

I don't know anything about the actual CVS-release but with 1.1.10 I have to
disable nls-support, because there are so many doubled menus (some german, some
english).  Maybe it's because I'm using a libc5 based system but I think there
are many systems out there with similar problems.

Well, what I understand about half-translated plug-ins is, that if the binding
for the inclusion in menus and so on is fully translated and the rest isn't
that isn't bad, but if some menu entries are and others not is very bad.

>>  Fix it or forget it.... and fixing it needs some more hours to be put
>
>Half-translated plug-ins are definitely no reason to forget it!! I mean, do
>you want to translate "ls" to "vz" with LANG=de? mixed language environments
>are the rule today, not the exception.

see above.

Yours
Uwe Koloska