On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 11:07:32AM +0100, Uwe Koloska <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I don't know anything about the actual CVS-release but with 1.1.10 I have to
> disable nls-support, because there are so many doubled menus (some german, some
> english).  Maybe it's because I'm using a libc5 based system but I think there
> are many systems out there with similar problems.

Strange that I don't encounter this problem (that sever), maybe the version
we used for the booth at the Systems '99 had a much better german

In any case, this problem is a totally seperate issue (as I talked about with
Daniel). A solution (workaround, fix...) would be to do it like perl, i.e.
translate by component unless there is a better translation. E.g.

<Toolbox>/Xtns/Animation/Seth Spin
        => <Toolbox>/Xtn/Animation/Seth's Dreher
(translation available)

<Toolbox>/File/Selection/Add Selection
        => <Toolbox>/Datei/Auswahl/Add Selection
(only a partila translation for File/Selection available)

This would solve your problem for the vast majority of untranslated (E.g.
third-party) plug-ins.

> Well, what I understand about half-translated plug-ins is, that if the binding
> for the inclusion in menus and so on is fully translated and the rest isn't
> that isn't bad, but if some menu entries are and others not is very bad.

Would it still be a problem for you if only the menu entry itself is
english, but the english menu is sorted under the corresponding german
standard menu (see above for "Add Selection")?