On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 10:20:37AM +0100, Michael Natterer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I was (or at least tried to be) very careful not to change any external
> interface (which I suppose you mean by "cause other changes as well")
> with the context changes because playing around with the PDB interface in
> freeze mode looks dangerous to me...

I'm sorry... do you really say that you won't implement the context stuff
fully for 1.2?

I had always thought that the work would be finished before 1.2....

> So please let me know if you find the semantics of any PDB
> brush/color/pattern/gradient function changed and I'll restore the old
> semantics.

I don't expect them to be changed yet. I would have appreciated this
very much, this would probably result in much less work on my side (no
backward-compatibility crap).

If you are about to break the pdb interface we should do it now, not
later.  Doing it later is just awkward, resulting in more work from many
others (update it to 1.2, and then to 1.3 again. Doing the major work once
would be much better).

> > BTW: I appreciated both new features a lot!
>
> :-)

But AFAICS, there is only one new feature...