On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 09:53:47PM +0000, Nick Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What do you mean by "well enough to do operations on them" ?

Probably "You cannot read/modify/list/do anything with the colormaps in
the gimp."

The only thing you can work on is the colormap of some indexed image. But
even simple things like dithering to a specific colormap are not possible.

If you have ever asked yourself why the "Smooth colour palette"-plug-in
outputs an image and not a colormap, than you now know why.

I hope somebody will find it critical enough to implement the PDB
interface ;)