>On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Anoko <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
>> I do not see why this is solved. Someone who is not familair with GIMP, that
>> wants to store something as a png file, clicks save, finds it needs to
>> export, clicks export and has lost their layered data nevertheless, now
>> basically without a warning saying layers got lost.

>GIMP knows that your project only has been exported not saved, it will
>thus ask you to save later when you try to quit GIMP - giving you a
>chance to preserve the layer structure (higher bit depth, and more)
>that was discarded in the export to PNG.

It does not help: The exit conformation does not say anything explicitly about
layers. It will thus confuse people not understanding the difference between
export, save, and what layers are about, and people that do know the
difference, already knew they were saving to png and it does not help. If they
exported to jpg and forgot about their transparancy layer, they are no longer
warned.

--
Anoko (via gimpusers.com)