Bertie Coopersmith wrote:
> I attempted David Neary's workaround which was to first use the rectselect tool
> specifying the required aspect ratio. Unfortunately I cannot do this and I think my
> gimp is a bit broken. This is what I get:-
> -----------------------
> /usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins/aa: error while loading shared libraries:
>  libaa.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> LibGimp-WARNING **: gimp: wire_read: unexpected EOF
> ------------------------

I don't know what you're doing - is this when the gimp is
starting up that you get this? In which case, either install
libaa (ASCII art) or remove the plug-in. It's an optional plug-in
which requires a 3rd party library - if you don't have it it's
not dramatic. It just means that you can't save your images as
text files...

Anyway, that shouldn't stop the gimp from operating. Does it do
so?

Cheers,
Dave.

--