FYI today i was sitting here at a semi new job (been here for a month) at a major skate shoe company, and i needed to edit an image.

my options were...
A) use microsoft paint
B) put in a software license request and wait 2 weeks

i chose option C
C) install gimp

from this perspective, the name doesn't matter...the functionality and the licensing are what made me choose the gimp.

plus, when i installed it a co-worker said "gimp? whats that" i think the name makes it memorable.

On 9/29/06, Steve Bibayoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
Hello,

On 9/29/06, Roland Hordos < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> [...]If you can point out a single commercial product that
> has mass use in North America that has a derogatory term in it's title,

Yahoo

> I'll withdraw my critique and be gone.

:-)

Steve