On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 14:54 +0100, Karine Delvare wrote:

> Now that I'm more familiar with parsing Bugzilla and the Changelog, I
> could build a more "public" news flow, with much less items and
> screenshots of the new features. Where would it go? News items in
> www.gimp.org front page, another feed, ... ?

Hi Karine,

I think the release notes are a great way to educate the potential user
what GIMP can do. The blender folks do an extremely good job with their
release notes, graphically describing new features [1].

I've started to sporadically write something along those lines [2], so
if you'd like to join forces we could move this away from my personal
dokuwiki space that's hosted on a very unreliable server to somewhere
more appropriate.

[1] http://blender.org/cms/Blender_2_42.727.0.html
[2] http://wiki.jimmac.net/doku.php?id=gimp:gimp-2-4-releasenotes

Jakub Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>