norman wrote:
> It would be useful if the slider range could be altered, especially to
> be able to go below 0.7. I am not a programmer and, therefore, I do not
> know if this is possible or how complicated it is but, if it can be
> done, I would love to be able to try the effect.
>
> Norman

The restore plug-in works very well indeed for me in general.
I'd also like to be able to set a degree of restoration below 0.7.

I have a couple of comments:
(1) With some slides, restoration of 1.2 causes the plugin to crash with
"setting out of bounds"
(2) I have a couple of problematic slides I've sent on to Geoff for him
to explore possible limitations of the algorithm:
     (i) One, an Ektachrome dating from 1981, is puzzling. The
appearance isn't exceptional; it has a slightly greenish cast. All
adjustments make a noticeable difference to the appearance; but they all
(setting the sliders 0.7 -1.2, less blue yes/no, combine all layers
yes/no) end up with images that have little or no discernible
differences between them.
    (ii) The other, an Ektachrome from 1977, is representative of a
certain number of 30-year old slides where the blue colour seems to have
been completely destroyed, giving bright yellow skies. It may be
unreasonably challenging for the algorithm and causes the plugin to
crash. But it would be nice if the plugin could make some sort of a stab
at restoration or if not, fail gracefully.

Doug