geoff wrote:
> I was scanning a lot of colour transparencies, some taken up to 40 years ago,
> and found that in some cases the colours had deteriorated badly.  After a lot
> of experimenting I have developed an automatic way of improving the digital
> scans using gimp.  I have put a technical article, the gimp plug-in, and a
> collection of the good and bad results at
> www.lionhouse.plus.com/photosoftware/restore. I would be interested in hearing
> from anyone who has worked on this problem and if you try the plug-in let me
> know how it works for your pictures.

I have a large collection of old slides showing all the problems you
describe in your article to greater or lesser degree, so
I was extremely interested in your post. I've downloaded your plugins.
Unfortunately  I get a "Forbidden" error when I try to download the
readme.txt; and it's not clear to me how to get the python plugins
actually installed in Gimp 2.6 after copying them into the
~/.gimp-2.6/plugins directory.
Can you help?

Doug