With SmartGWT you can also extend widgets and override methods in pure
Java.

Just a tour through the SmartGWT and SmartGWT Pro/EE showcases should
be enough to identify a number of feature advantages which may matter
for your application.

    http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/
    http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwtee/showcase/