>    - Both GXT and Smart GWT are pure gwt (no underlying native JS library,
>    so expect equivalent speed/performance from the GWT compiler).

Nope, SmartGWT is a wrapper to SmartClient JS Library.

ckendrick and I have different understandings about override ... :-P
We already discussed this some time ago ...

SmartGWT you can't override it's functionality, just it's behavior.

SmartGWT is more feature rich than GXT, but I don't like their
licensing terms, I prefer GXT one, not only because the price, but the
features, we just need a UI framework, the server we already have one.

Regards.