Tom is correct. I doubt the game is even allowed to read from the Program Files
directory if UAC is enabled.

 - ScarT

From: Tom Schumann
Sent: ‎Wednesday‎, ‎March‎ ‎25‎, ‎2015 ‎11‎:‎45‎ ‎AM
To: Discussion of Half-Life Programming

I don't think the $basetexture parameter should be an absolute path - I think
it should just be "HalfLife2RSIngameLogo1"
What does the console say?

On 25 March 2015 at 06:25, Gavin Isgar <gisg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, i'm making a singleplayer Half-Life 2 mod and i'm having a problem with the
ingame logo at the menu screen. It shows up pink/black checkers while the size
is the same size as the logo. I have a vmt and vtf file of the photo both in
the materials folder alone while the other folders inside the materials folder
are "console" and "sdk"(obviously the folders don't have the quotes in their
names). Also, i have the code for the GameLogo.res down here;

Resource/GameLogo.res

{

        GameLogo

        {

                ControlName     EditablePanel

                fieldName       GameLogo

                xpos            0

                ypos            0

                zpos            50

                wide            400

                tall            100

                autoResize      1

                pinCorner       0

                visible         1

                enabled         1

                offsetX         -20

                offsetY         -15

        }

        Logo

        {

                ControlName     ImagePanel

                fieldName       Logo

                xpos            0

                ypos            0

                zpos            50

                wide            400

                tall            100

                visible         1

                enabled         1

                image           materials\hl2rslogo1

                scaleImage      1

        }

}

The mod's name by the way is "Half-Life 2: Resistance Shadow"! Did i do
anything wrong here, such as the path or anything else? This is the vmt file's
code;

"UnlitGeneric"

{

        "$basetexture" "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\halflife2resistanceshadow\materials\HalfLife2RSIngameLogo1"

        "$nolod" 1

}

Anything wrong here either? The last file is the gameinfo.txt, which is down
here;

"GameInfo"

{

        game            "Half-Life 2: Resistance Shadow"

        type            singleplayer_only

        icon            "icon"

        gamelogo        "1"

        FileSystem

        {

                SteamAppId                              218             // GCF
for Episode 2

                ToolsAppId                              211             //
Tools will load this (ie: source SDK caches) to get things like
materials\debug, materials\editor, etc.

                SearchPaths

                {

                        Game                            |gameinfo_path|.

                        Game
|all_source_engine_paths|ep2

                        Game
|all_source_engine_paths|episodic

                        Game
|all_source_engine_paths|hl2

                }

        }

}

Anything wrong here also? Please reply back at gisg...@gmail.com because im
really stuck in a hole with this mod without the logo, so please reply with
answers! I'm sorry if this isn't the right email for this problem. Thank you
very much and have a good day!