Well actually, what he said wasn't a *strawman *at all. A strawman is the
misstatement of an argumentative position for the sake of attacking said
position in an attempt to one up your opponent. Obviously, possession of a
vendetta is not an argumentative position (false or otherwise) but rather a
motive for having a position.

Hence, what he actually said was an *ad hominem argument* - That being
Latin for an "attack against the man"

But in any case, I do agree that removing Valve servers from the server
browser was not an ideal solution to the problem at hand.