I imagine there are auctions up here, I don't know of any here in NH
but I know there was a place in MA that had them weekly when I was a
kid. I remember hearing about the horses that ended up there and the
condition that some of them were in. I couldn't agree with you more
Karen on your comment that it takes guts for people to give their
problem horse away and accepting defeat. So many people are more
interested in making back the money they put out than putting the
needs of the horse first. I got two "problem/project" Icelandics
myself from people who couldn't deal. The woman that contacted me
with my most recent "project" took a $7,000 loss (she had him for
only 18 months) because she knew I could work with him and he would
have a good home. It makes me angry when people have a horse with
complex issues, they ask for the amount they paid for the horse
(before it was ruined by them) but then they stress it needs to go to
a good home only. Seems like an oxymoron to me.

Heather
https://home.comcast.net/~stoneybrookfarm/

Reply via email to