Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 06:47:41 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] ct50/70 X config file

>Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 20:43:37 -0600
>From: "phillip ramirez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>Dsl will take about 8 hours to down load disk one and 2 depending on
>network load. I have done it many times haha last night I downloaded m7
>and it will mot copy from the cd to the disk to load directly from the
>disk..

Were you able to begin the installation from the CD-ROM to the Lib via a
Windows partition Phillip?  Or did you create a Linux partition, and get
drivers for your CD-ROM drive to be accessed from there?

>Now I have a bad mbr haha will have to unlock it since fdisk wont
>and pm7 wont mess with it and ranish wont run on my desktop..

Did the process of trying to load Mandrake screw things up?  What happened?

I'll bet PM7 CAN in fact fix the problem.  I worked out a whole process with
thier tech support via email when I lost a partition.  You do a "pqmagic
/partinfo", or something like that, create a partinfo file, and send it to
them.  They're wizards at getting things like this squared away.

>Maybe ill
>just put it in the new desktop and load linux on it.. Then load
>win98se..

Win98SE AFTER you put the HDD back in the Lib I hope ;-P

>Anyone have good luck with 98se on the 50ct with 16 meg??BTW
>wheres the cheepest for the 32meg upgrade?

There's always Ebay... here's three now:

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=libretto+50ct+memory&ht=1&st=2&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&srchdesc=y&BasicSearch=

There's also a bunch of 34MB cards for the 100/110 Libs now.

Matt