From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
r.turov...@gmail.com [r.turov...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2013 9:19 AM
To: Chris Barker; 'gary'; 'lutelist'
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Bream Collection... I just noticed

I have not even heard of Segovia when I had my first lute lesson 30
years ago, and to this day I find it unimaginable that such an unmusical
personality  could exert such an influence. Or any influence, for that
matter.

As to lute revival - he takes no credit for that whatsoever. That took
place in spite of him.

RT