On 06/26/2011 10:41 AM, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
> Yes, you do have separate user directories (which is good).  The
> configuration logs in the user directories look fine.  Both of them
> found MiKTeX.  In particular, the 2.0 log shows that it has the
> correct converter path for producing PDF output, so View > PDF
> (pdflatex) should be working in 2.0.

None of the class or package files are checked for, because we have this:

INFO: checking for a Latex2e program...
INFO: +checking for "latex"...  yes
INFO: checking for a DVI postprocessing program...
INFO: +checking for "pplatex"...  yes
INFO: checking for pLaTeX, the Japanese LaTeX...
INFO: +checking for "platex"...  yes
DEBUG: Removing file chklatex.ltx
DEBUG: Failed to remove file chklatex.log
DEBUG: Add to RC:
\converter latex      dvi2       "pplatex"    "latex"
\converter dvi2       dvi        "python -tt $$s/scripts/clean_dvi.py
$$i $$o"    ""

WARNING: Latex not usable (not LaTeX2e)
DEBUG: Removing file chklatex.ltx
DEBUG: Failed to remove file chklatex.log

at the beginning. So chkconfig.ltx never gets run, I'd assume. But I do
not know why that would be, since latex itself has been found. The fact
that chklatex.log is not even created (and so can't be removed) is very
strange. Though chklatex.ltx does seem to have been created.

Paul, could you help William (temporarily) change these lines in
configure.py:

        # run latex on chklatex.ltx and check result
        if cmdOutput(LATEX + ' chklatex.ltx').find('ThisIsLaTeX2e') != -1:
            # valid latex2e
            return LATEX
        else:
            logger.warning("Latex not usable (not LaTeX2e) ")
        # remove temporary files

to:

    output = cmdOutput((LATEX + ' chklatex.ltx')
    logger.warning(output)
    if output.find('ThisIsLaTeX2e') != -1:
            # valid latex2e
            return LATEX
        else:
            logger.warning("Latex not usable (not LaTeX2e) ")
        # remove temporary files

I'd really like to see what we're getting back from latex.

rh

Richard