Scott,The first thing I tried was creating a copy of wxmaxima.exe with the name
of maxima.exe. Selecting Maxima at the CAS menu in Math mode opened Maxima,
that froze with the following message: "wxMaxima could not find Maxima! Please
configure wxMaxima with 'Edit->Configure'. Then start maxima with
'Maxima->Restart Maxima'. At the Configure menu, "Maxima Program" path points
to the .bat previously mentioned. Opening the .bat file opens a console (which
I have no idea what it's for), and waits for input commands. From there on, no
idea.This the farthest point to which my knowledge goes... and where I decided
to try Mathematica out.
David