From: myi...@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 21:54:11 +0200
Subject: Re: LyX + CAS
To: c1b...@hotmail.com; lyx-users@lists.lyx.org

David,
I cannot tell for Maxima, because I have never used it under Windows, but for
Maple I am pretty sure, there is normally an exe for the server, but I do not
remember if it lives in another foder that win.exe. My experiments were with
Windows XP, and the server was a Dos program, executed in text mode in a
console. In more modern versions of Maple and Windows, I am not sure that this
separation is kept. Sorry for not being more helpful. Maybe a user of Maple
under Windows 7/8 could help. Under OSX, both maxima and Maple can be used as a
CAS for simple computations (I have just checked again to bu sure).