> Do you believe "open rate" metrics are that accurate?
That depends on the domain and the user-agent in question. Some load images
automatically when viewing the message.

>  If bulk senders routinely detect when a user opens messages, that user
is not following basic email safety principles
I am not sure how much tin-foil I can advise you to use. Tracking is
everywhere, in many forms. Not just in email newsletters. So I think this
discussion belongs somewhere else.

Yours,

David

On 6 March 2018 at 18:02, Bill Cole <mailop-20160...@billmail.scconsult.com>
wrote:

> On 6 Mar 2018, at 9:09, David Hofstee wrote:
>
> Hi Vaibhav,
>>
>> So if you have 12% open rate.. It means that for  every (100/12 =) 8.3
>> emails you send, one is relevant. It is my expectation, maybe Brandon
>> knows
>> more, that your emails are not relevant enough. Is this really something
>> the subscribers asked for? Because they lack real engagement.
>>

> Do you believe "open rate" metrics are that accurate?
>
> As someone working mostly with non-broadcast B2B email, I have done a fair
> bit of user training and documentation focused on safe email practices. If
> bulk senders routinely detect when a user opens messages, that user is not
> following basic email safety principles.

My opinion is mine.