"We are from FAA and we are not happy until you are not happy"

It is not just new aircraft certification, it is certification of any part
or improved part, for any airplane ever built. The simple 4 place airplane
[no retractable gear, no controlled pitch prop] will now price out deeply
into the $300,000.00 range.

I'll follow up on this next week, just to see what it is all about.
200mph/500 mile range = 2.5 hr of fuel + reserves with a 300 hp engine..
Should be able to do a SWAG calculation of MPG per passenger mile.... if I
can find how many pax it will carry.

Present position direct at 200 mph sure has appeal to me.. I wonder if it
qualifies as "alternate fuel hybrid" for road license?  hahaha..