Mitch wrote:
They must have gotten that power by the clause in the Constitution that gives
 fedgov the power to prevent interstate commerce.

They should have been wise back in the day of bicycle mechanics from
Dayton, and we might not have airplanes as we know today.  Stifle
innovation and invention - that is USGov motto.
mao

The airplane exists as we know it because the goobers saw a military use. Within 10 years, they were mounting guns and dropping bombs.

If they could figure out a MIL use for a carboplane, they'd be ordering them.