Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 09:22:11 0
From: John Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: silencing the modem?


Hi Mike

On 08/02/00 Nettamer List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

  MM>Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 19:59:59 -000 From: Mike Millen
  MM><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: silencing the modem?

  MM>JG>Have you got a source I can refer to so I can find out some
  MM>JG>more on this finite life &W feature?


  MM>Check any Data Book for EEPROM devices.

  MM>Most of them will give you 10,000 to 100,000 write cycles... I
  MM>shouldn't worry about your modem.

Thanks. 10 resets a day x 300 pa = 3 to 30 year MTBF. Let's hope it's
somewhere in the centre of the range as the modem had been used for
18 months when I got hold of it <g>

Cheers

jaygee


"NT with NTR - DOS alive in Win95"



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to