Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:00:26 +0000 (   )
From: "Joe (theWordy) Philbrook" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: silencing the modem?



On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, Heimo Claasen wrote:

> To: Nettamer List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: silencing the modem?
> 
> Thank Walter Scott for the precise syntax of the modem init commands:
> I was a bit alarmed about some of the "right" hints which were written
> wrongly - sloppy quoting/editing with such type of syntax can be more
> of a burden than of help for someone who doesn't know better anyway
> beforehand (my own experience...)

Yes now that is interesting...

In my semi-ignorance I presume that you mean

the form $initstring^$silencestring was a misquoted form of 
$initstring^M$silencestring where the "^M" is a literal linefeed character
inserted in the string itself??? or is it that the "^M" ie hold the shift,
type 6m get 2 character representation ^M for literal linefeed that with
vim I can so easily insert with ^V[enter] 
one line but will undoubtably cause the word linux to 1st appear on the line
after the string "vim I can so easily insert with ^V[enter]" when you read
this in dos... Unless pine strips the ^M tolken when it sends this...

Hunh? did I just say something stupid here???

By the by: please see my message about how to convert a mail.dlu file to
something pine will interpret as a mailbox file...

But this is a serious question about interpreting what to put where to
effect that 2 command init string that would allow a command such as the
one to silence the modem to follow the ATZ reset command...

Though that particular pair I wouldn't want...

I like to hear my modem right on through the ppp handshaking process...

I find it somehow reassuring that I don't have to be looking at the screen
to notice if an auto-run session succeeded in making it's connection


        -^-   -^-
        <?>   <?>    Joe (theWordy) Philbrook
            ^         < [EMAIL PROTECTED] >
          \___/       eFax: (240) 337-4260

also: Net-Tamer V 1.10.1  - Registered






********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to