Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 06:36:20 0
From: John Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: silencing the modem?
Hi Mike
On 09/02/00 Nettamer List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
MM>Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 14:26:24 -000 From: Mike Millen
MM><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: silencing the modem?
MM>Yeah, but an init string issued by a program should *never* end
MM>in &W... that's crazy.
MM>Write the defaults once and use ATZ for ever after. It's only
MM>*writing* to an EEPROM that has limitations; reading is
MM>unrestricted (and Resetting the modem has nothing to do with it
MM>at all; that only resets its volatile setup and has NO effect on
MM>EEPROM contents).
The init string with an $W suffix for my model modem was lifted from
the Win95 modem data file.
I didn't appreciate it was a once and for a lifetime init string.
I take your point and I've now got a dynamic version with ATZ in all
programs.
Many thanks for the guidance.
Cheers
jaygee
"NT with NTR - DOS alive in Win95"
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************