Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 00:42:35 +0700
From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: re: rotate dialing


Thanks for all the help. It was overwhelming, at least for
our, this list ;-).
I was away from my computer from four days and during such
an absence I only work on the most important emails
(business) also due to relative small memory space of my
HPLX 200, so I could not react at once.

I will not have time before I go on a six week holiday to
the USA but will start working on my modem settings.
Download of the manual from USR will be high on the list
and for such things I will use my Linux setup which also
has the possibility to do pdf files.

>From your input I have also pinned down a possible reason.
I suppose that NT expects an answer from the modem that it
is busy, that there is no telephone connection and such. I
do not know if these messages are given back by the modem
or if they are too fast to react for NT. It is something I
am going to work on as soon as I am back. I am aware that
the local phone system is given weird signals back to is
customers. At work I get a uninterrupted beep tone before
dialing (so that modem is set, not to wait for a dialing
tone) at home where I have the USR external modem the
telephone company sometimes tells me that the line is busy
and that I should redial after waiting for some time. It
will finally give a busy tone. Do not know what the modem
makes of this ;-(. Expect that signals from the telephone
company should have a certain frequency and or
international known pattern.
Will inform you in two and a half months (half a month to
sort out the emails that I have not deleted from my account
before letting my secretary download the rest;-))

And Heimo, the best I like from Nettamer is its possibility
to grab taglines ;-)


--

" Go 'head and steal my tagline it flatters me."

NTReader v0.35w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to