Neil W Rickert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> That brings up another point (perhaps a bug?)
>
>       Msg-Protect: 664
>
> (from my '.mh_profile') is ignored on "Fcc:".  Thus if a folder
> is shared between users, messages recorded by "Fcc:" are not
> shareable -- they get 600 permissions, which is probably the compiled
> default Msg-Protect).
>
> Likewise, if 'refile' of a message crosses partition boundaries,
> so that the file must be copied, the refile message does not
> honor Msg-Protect, and does not preserve the original
> message filemode.  It apparently gets the original filemode masked
> by the umask.
>
> Both of these problems would hinder sharing a folder.  Incidently, MH
> appears to have the same problems, so this is not new to nmh.
>
> Perhaps the existence of these bugs is evidence that Dan is right in
> his opinion that shared folders are rarely used.  For me the bugs are
> only a minor inconvenience.  I used shared folders, but I share them
> with myself (administrative account and personal account).

Well, considering how hosed the Folder-Protect handling (affecting the
single-user case too) was before I took a whack at it some time back, the
existence of Msg-Protect bugs may not prove *too* much.

Dan Harkless                   | To prevent SPAM contamination, please
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      | do not post this private email address
SpeedGate Communications, Inc. | to the USENET or WWW.  Thank you.