I can certainly confirm gizmos contaminate the scripts - we had another channel get into a gizmo that wasn't caught for a long time. When the gizmo was loaded into a script, the script was polluted, then people copied some setups from the script, etc. It was impossible to get rid of on that show, but we found it before the next and managed to keep it free (until someone copied an old script!).

It would help I think if when nuke saves a gizmo, it could have a little extra smarts so a channel in an add layer that is not explicitly used in that gizmo would not be saved with the gizmo. For instance, 'effetChaleur.alpha' isn't something this particular gizmo would have used, yet, there it was.

jrab

Howard Jones wrote:
Hi

I'm not sure this gets to the nut of another issue where the channels get upset,
but on a related gizmo contamination question could anyone confirm if they have this in Frank's edgeExtend?

 Blur {
  channels {rgba.red rgba.green rgba.blue rgba.alpha}

instead of
 Blur {
  channels rgba

which I believe is correct (for Nuke 6.2+ anyway)

I'm mentioning it  as if that is the case then it could be that Gizmos with this issue could contaminate and break scripts.
I have it here, but it could be, it has been corrupted since.

Howard