Cool!

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 2:55 AM, Masayuki Hatta <mha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying out OpenCog now, and cooked up Debian packages.  Currently I
> have cogutils (libcogutil-dev), opencog-atomspace, opencog-moses.  The main
> opencog repo can be packaged, but not yet.
>
> Files are available at https://people.debian.org/~mhatta/debian/opencog/
>
> (APT repository is not set up yet)
>
> Basically I made them for my own convenience,  and still need to be
> polished, but I think those are ok quality.  I'm a Debian developer, so I
> can upload them to the official Debian archive if you want.

Wow. That would be .. not sure. Good and bad, mostly because we are not
that stable, and do not use version numbers ...

> Some changes are made to the source code to build with the current g++.
> One thing is "Ambiguous overload call to abs()"  errors, and I changed abs
> to fabs(I'm not sure this solution is correct).

Can you provide a pull req, or open a bug report? I recall seeing those,
but they went away at some point (on debian unstable half a year ago)

> Also I killed BackwardChainerUTest in atomspace for now.

Hmm. That always passes for me on the current Debian stable, always.  I'm
guessing now that maybe it is a guile-2.0 vs guile-2.2 bug.   I bet it will
pass with guile-2.2

https://github.com/opencog/atomspace/issues/1318

In my experience, guile-2.2 is less buggy than guile-2.0  Its not perfect,
its got some major flaws, but its better.

-- linas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAHrUA369LGAwrLAXqiUdZnOfxC-yvk2iWfLb0R6xYt0NeMZJQA%40mail.gmail.com.