Though this is a off-topic. I have got some queries hence posting

I have came across custom SOCs where there is a single ARM Coresight DAP and a
riscv processor connected on APB bus on a particular APB port.
ARM debug can be achieved using openocd, any idea on how riscv debug can be
achieved here ? As there is no separate riscv tap how to ask openocd to look
for riscv debug registers from a particular APB port and base address ?

Cinly, from your comment it looks like this type of functionality is not
supported in  openocd but i have seen a separate version of openocd-riscv.
Apparently that is helping to attach to ARM core as well, is there any way to
debug riscv with that version in this scenario ?
I see some custom debuggers does support this type if debug but that all are
license and paid basis.

---

**[tickets:#378] SWD support for RISCV artchitecture**

**Status:** new
**Milestone:** 0.10.0
**Labels:** openocd
**Created:** Wed Dec 28, 2022 07:00 AM UTC by Ashi Gupta
**Last Updated:** Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:08 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Hi,

I want to know if SWD debug support has been added for RISCV architecture in
openocd ? So far i know that JTAG support is only available. If not any plans
in doing so ?

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because openocd-devel@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/openocd/tickets/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/openocd/admin/tickets/options.  Or, if this is a
mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.