Hi Paul,

Yes, I understand this. And because you _have_ to disable color buffer
clears in the other cameras, it'd be nice if you could also disable depth
buffer clears. That way, the other cameras wouldn't have to invoke glClear
at all. (That was the point I was trying to make, sorry it got convoluted.
:-)

Oh, yeah, I didn't get that you were suggesting a further step... Sorry about that.

But what I would really like is to not require that my viewer be changed at all, i.e. that it keep its old way of doing things. The default for the main viewer camera is to clear color and depth, and I'd prefer to keep it that way because if I change it, it means that any other viewer that uses my skydome will also have to be changed otherwise the skydome will not render properly.

I've already made a callback that checks all cameras and sets them correctly, but that seems heavy-handed to me. "If you want to use this skydome, you *must* do things this way". It also has chances of breaking other things that require other settings... I think the "disabling auto-compute" path would require less changes in other places, and run less chances of breaking in someone else's viewer.

Anyways, that's a design concern, not implementation. Thanks for your suggestions.

J-S