Hi Christian,

Out of interest are you simulating a penny push machine?

I had the same idea for a hobby project a while back. It's a great idea,
although it might be tricky to get the physics working nicely.

Unfortunately my ponderings stop there as I never found the time to get
on it.

However, with regards to glsl effects you wanted, try these two pages

http://www.typhoonlabs.com/tutorials/glsl/Chapter_4.pdf
http://www.ozone3d.net/tutorials/index_glsl.php

They give good explanations and glsl implementations. Getting the
shaders to work with the OSG will be trivial.

Personally I wouldn't set the Intel GMA chipset as your minimum spec.
You'll be making life difficult for yourself just to accommodate
hardware that makes a half arsed attempt to offer hardware accelerated
3D. ( Just my 2p ;) )

Hope that helps a little.

Kim.