Hi Wyatt,

The main idea of osgPPU is to use input textures to process them. This can be
used for rendering  as also for GPGPU.

Take a look into HDR and Video examples. In the first one the input color
buffer of the camera is used to apply HDR tone mapping and glow effect and then
render it on the screen. In the second example input texture is used to be
processed and then used as a texture on some quad. So as you can see, one can
use osgPPU not only for outputing results to the screen but also to process a
texture in between and then use it in usual rendering.

regards,
art