Hi Jean-Sébastien,

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Jean-Sébastien Guay <
jean-sebastien.g...@cm-labs.com> wrote:

> I would prefer to add it to the description string of the node(s) on which
> a material is applied, since a model might have multiple materials on
> different nodes... i.e. your way would work if the model was made using a
> texture atlas so the same texture applies to the whole model, but if that
> isn't the case and multiple textures need to be applied to different parts
> of the model then we can't just put the material at the root node...

The exporter applies the material statesets to the osg::Drawable object,
which does not support description strings. I can add the description to the
parent osg::Geode. However, keep in mind that the geode can contain multiple
drawables, where each drawable has a unique material applied. So you could
still have multiple descriptions applied to the geode. So would you prefer
adding the descriptions to the geode or root node?

> The format seems fine to me. Your separator is space, which seems more
> readable to me than the vertical bar we were discussing before, but it means
> parsers will have to handle the case where the filename is quoted and has
> spaces in it. Plus do any map names have spaces in them? In your list in a
> it as Specular_Level for example, that's perfect I think.

Actually, I've decided on using the tab character. This should avoid
conflicts with filenames and seems more readable to me.

Cheers,
Farshid