vezza wrote:
> About bump, as far as I know Max allows you to create for that channel a map
> of type "normal" and therefore you should be able to distinguish between
> regular bump mapping and normal mapping. Actually Max allows even to specify
> what space to use for the normal map (tangent, local, screen...) so maybe we
> could even add that extra param in the description string.

I've made a few tests with the current (trunk) version of the exporter and I'd
say it doesn't handle the normal maps for now. In Max, to use a normal map you
don't assign directly a bitmap to the bump channel, you first create the map of
type "normal", then assign the bit map to it. So there is an extra texture node
to go through. I guess the exporter could be extended to check if the bump
texture is not a bitmap in which case it could try to interpret is as a normal
map. No idea how to do it though as I don't know the max SDK ... :(

   Luca