John, List

I think that Peirce’s focus on the ethics of terminology points to his claim
that a term that he uses means, so to speak, ’this but not that’.In other
words, his focus was that a term has a specific meaning..and I see absolutely
nothing wrong with this!!

My point is different - What I’m saying is that other scholars have focused on
the same issues as Peirce, but they have used different terms.  When we refer
to these issues and this includes within a Peircean discussion, I think we
should feel free to use those different terms and thus, show how Peirce and
other scholars have similar or even different analyses of these realities…even
though they use different terms for the same phenomena.

I think it is vital to move the Peircean framework into modern research fields;
It is a powerful analytic framework and has a great deal to teach us - and to
do so, I feel, requires that we use terminology that these other fields feel
comfortable with. …

Edwina