--- Edin Kadribasic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > >  It does. Personally, I'm missing two things in Zend Engine 2.0:
> > >  interfaces and private methods. Both are not really critical, as they
> > >  don't aim at solving technical problems, but social ones during the
> > >  design process.
> >
> >     PHP != Java. :)

 I'm bother by the fact that you guys keep on saying Php isn't Java so don't
use lets not use private methods or interfaces. Java is Object Oriented. Java
didn't invent private methods, private members and all the other goodies that
go along with OO development. Now good OO design is the best way to get good
code re-use out of your time developing. Adding stuff that will help you design
better objects like private methods will only make php stronger and more
accecptable as a OO soultion.

 Now as far as where php is going. I feel php should do everything it can to
get a more crediable name in other soulitions besides webbased. It definly is
tagged as a web scripting language and it should thats what it was built
around. But we know that php is way more than that we devlop it. PHP is a
strong fast scripting language and should we should start trying to get people
to understand this point.

 - Brad