On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 07:02:57PM +0700, Robert Herman wrote:
> Cool. I am only getting around 2.80 Hz maximum over my 3G/4G WiFi hotspot.
> I usually see 150 KBs to 300 KBs (1.2 to 2.5 mb/s).

In fact it is not the data rates but the ping times which are relevant
here.

> I cannot run the example locally for some strange reason. I had the
> rectangle example working earlier. Does this example require running
> httpGate too? I kind of know what the -main and -go do, but can you explain
> in case I am missing something?

I start it as

   $ ./pil misc/canvas.l -main -go +

and then point the browser to http://localhost (with httpGate running on
port 80).

If httpGate is not running, point the browser to http://localhost:8080,
but note that then JS won't fire up immediately (due to the same-origin
policy of XMLHttpRequest). Just click any button or the "Single" link to
get it going.