On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 12:20:42AM +0700, Robert Herman wrote:
> That did it, Alex. Now onto looking at the libs to see what has been
> implemented in HTML5 Canvas.

Good. The function list can be easily extended if necessary.

One important issue needs still be decided: Do you need key events in
the game? Currently, @lib/canvas.l supports mouse- and touch-events
(click, double-click and drag), but no key-events.

They would be trivial to implement: Just add a handler for keydown, and
pass the key to 'drawCanvas' as a transient symbol in the third argument
(where a number encodes the mouse-events).

The problem is another one: A canvas does normally not receive keyboard
focus (though it may be possible to force it by setting the "tabindex"
and "contentEditable" attributes), and I'm not sure if this is the right
way in a browser. It is of course also always possible to set the
keyboard focus to some input field and process the keys there. How do
other games handle this?

> Any ideas on the maximum amount of entities, and what type, can be rendered
> with picoLisp?

There is no maximum. It may be thousands, see for example

   http://picolisp.com/wiki/?osmgeodata

The question however is how many can be handled at the required speed. I
have no exact info about that.

> Most importantly, how could I package the final picoLisp/HTML5 game for
> folks that don't have or want to install picoLisp?

If a single TGZ is OK, then it is easy. Just install a local PicoLisp
together with the whole app in a single directory (all references with
relative path names), and pack that into a tarball. It can be unpacked
on any equivalent machine in an arbitrary location. Would that suffice?