@Matthew I did a little poll around the office. I am a huge worshipful fan
of Prosody and its development community, but speaking (superficially) for
the Bay Area developer crowd I roll with who should know about and use
Prosody, anything on code.google has a really stale smell. It would greatly
improve the Prosody development "brand" to get off code.google.com. Just my
two cents.

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Guilhem Lettron <guil...@lettron.fr> wrote:

> Matthew I totally agree with your vision, and github migration can be a
> good start to improve it:
> * Without speaking about its shutdown, google code isn't a popular place
> (Hg even further)
> * I see only ~35 contributors to prosody-modules... it's really low
> regarding prosody popularity
> * Single repo isn't simple to share / find a project (for example, you
> can't list all directory in web interface!)
> * There is too few README for modules, atomic repository encourage it
> * Single repository make deployment really hard. I'm working on chef
> cookbook, and I have to do my own repositories on past to being able to
> deploy servers.
>
> ldap module is a good example of what I'm talking, there is one on
> prosody-module, other patches on mailing-list and some other on random
> repositories. No one is clearly production ready with a correct
> documentation.
>
> I don't see "prosody-modules" as a seal of quality. Only a good place to
> share... like pypi, rubygem etc.
>
> But as Brian say.... in September google code will be down, we have to
> deal with it :)
>
> Le jeu. 28 mai 2015 à 20:15, quantumriff <brian.w.rif...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>

>> On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 10:11:40 AM UTC-5, Matthew Wild wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Guilhem,
>>>

>>> <snip>
>>

>>> But until that is ready, I am not clear what advantages having these
>>> modules on Github brings. Google Code is still working fine, and my
>>> contributions will continue there right now.
>>>
>>> I think its more being proactive, since google code goes into Read Only
>> mode on Aug 24th.
>>
>> http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2015/03/farewell-to-google-code.html
>>

>> --
>>
>  --