On 14 August 2015 at 12:39, <b...@cogs.com> wrote:

> On Friday, August 14, 2015 at 6:32:49 AM UTC-4, Matthew Wild wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> Lua 5.2 has major changes that are not backwards-compatible with Lua
>> 5.1. In particular for example, the module() function was removed
>> which Prosody uses in almost every file in the project :)
>>
>> We're working on 5.2 support for future releases, but the 0.9.x series
>> will remain compatible with 5.1 only.
>

> Is there a branch available that is compatible ?
>
> Currently build repeatability is a higher priority then stability.

Only our 'timber' branch, which is definitely not stable, as it is a
playground for various experiments: https://hg.prosody.im/timber

And by unstable I don't mean it's likely to crash, though you might
experience errors or even incorrect behaviour (messages being routed
incorrectly). But if you use it and find any issues, please let us
know!

>> This also keeps us compatible
>> with LuaJIT, which is primarily 5.1-based and doesn't support some of
>

> The LuaJit in macports is version 2.0.4 is that what I should be targeting?

Any current version of LuaJIT should work with 0.9.x, as they are all
5.1-compatible.