On Friday, August 14, 2015 at 8:30:09 AM UTC-4, Matthew Wild wrote:

> On 14 August 2015 at 12:39, <b...@cogs.com <javascript:>> wrote:
> >

> > On Friday, August 14, 2015 at 6:32:49 AM UTC-4, Matthew Wild wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Ben,
> >>
> >> Lua 5.2 has major changes that are not backwards-compatible with Lua
> >> 5.1. In particular for example, the module() function was removed
> >> which Prosody uses in almost every file in the project :)
> >>
> >> We're working on 5.2 support for future releases, but the 0.9.x series
> >> will remain compatible with 5.1 only.
> >

> > Is there a branch available that is compatible ?
> >
> > Currently build repeatability is a higher priority then stability.
>
> Only our 'timber' branch, which is definitely not stable, as it is a
> playground for various experiments: https://hg.prosody.im/timber
>
> And by unstable I don't mean it's likely to crash, though you might
> experience errors or even incorrect behaviour (messages being routed
> incorrectly). But if you use it and find any issues, please let us
> know!
>
> Sounds good.

I have downloaded the timber trunk and I'm working through getting it build.
currently it's failing with this linker error. Which I isolated to util-src
Makefile.

slim# pwd
/Users/Shared/prosody/timber-trunk/util-src
slim# make
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="10.3"; export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET;
gcc -o encodings.so encodings.o -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -lidn
ld: library not found for -lidn
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
make: *** [encodings.so] Error 1

I have been using the paths of my macports lua installation with the intent
that I will turn the manual installation into a macports portfile for at
least my own local use.
Any ideas appreciated.

Ben