Brad Velander
Lead PCB Design
Norsat International Inc.
#100 - 4401 Still Creek Dr.,
Burnaby, B.C., Canada.
V5C6G9.
voice: (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
fax:    (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: www.norsat.com

-----Original Message-----
From: David W. Gulley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 10:52 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Use Pad Stack

I too use non-plated holes with a pad on a single side, but have always
used the multilayer padstack with no problems (99SEsp5, didn't want to
change horses in mid stream). I just set the internal and top layer
sizes to 0, select non-plated, and set the bottom pad size and hole size
as required.

The only time I would consider using a pad placed on a layer is if that
pad were not to be drilled. (If a pad is placed on the bottom layer with
a drill, then it is no longer a pad on the bottom layer since HOW can a
hole be on the BOTTOM layer?)

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

David W. Gulley
Destiny Designs

* To join or leave this list visit: