On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Ian Middleton wrote:

> It could also ask about paste, solder, plating and tenting overrides as
> well. It could also allow mixing on units when entering (mills and mm).

you can type xxxmm and yyymil - works nicely. The rest of the wishlist I
also wish for...

(The library discussion is interesting, but I'm an untrusting person, and
do my own library parts. The effort taken to validate a footprint is
similar to the effort to make it, and I often slant footprints to a
particular project / assembly tactic - for instance, if I know a board's
going to involve a lot of debug with a scope, the QFP pads all grow a
bit...) I also don't find making footprints that much of a chore,
certainly nothing compared to the hell that is building schematic
parts. Oh for a pdf -> library converter that'd get the pin types, names
and numbers right!

Steve