Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

> It should not have been much more expensive. In fact, as I recall,
> depending on the process, panel edges plate if you don't do something to
> prevent it!

Yes, that is true.  But, because of the way boards are made, the edge of the
panel is cut away in the routing step.  It would be possible for a fabricator
to make the panel equal to the board, but then there are problems with how
to hold the board without shadowing a spot during plating, not to mention
that most shops use large panels, with several boards per panel.

Jon