On 10:37 AM 9/11/2001 +0000, Stephen Casey said:
> > Has anyone reading this received fabricated boards with no inner plane
> > clearance? Was it from an established fabricator? (I'd be surprised if it
> > *never* happened, but I would also be surprised if it was at all common.)
>
>Abd,
>
>Yes, I have received boards with no clearance. My mistake on my first Protel
>job, but the board house didn't spot/query it. We stopped using them for
>another reason, and the new fabricator is (so far) superb. In fact, I posted
>a question to this list about board edge clearances a while back. I did add
>the clearances to the job this time, but they queried and fixed another
>issue that the first company would almost certainly have ignored. It would
>be very nice if Protel could add some DRC features to trap this.
>
>Steve.

I am giggling over this - not because it is a bad idea but more that Protel
added a warning that there were entities on internal planes layers in lieu
of full DRC for the planes.  So now we get a warning that we have tracks on
the internal planes and then along comes Steve and wants them to add a
warning if we *don't* have tracks on the internal layers!  Damed if we do,
damed if we don't.

Actually I think it would be a good idea - since we have poor plane DRC
adding a warning that there does not appear to be a plane backoff would be
a worthwhile addition.

Ian