We vowed to stick with M$ to save having to deal with 'yet more different
software' but since our experience with dealing with Win2K server and M$'s
new direction in licensing we decided to have a look at Linux.

The cobwebs were thick when recalling Unix from years ago at Uni however
after building up a gateway router on an old P90 I actually started to enjoy
using it.  Since then we have moved one of our products off of Win2K/Access
& onto Linux/MySQL and the difference in cost & reliability is outstanding.

After following the XP release / license blackmail issues and the parallel
thread on the emerging security problems & M$'s attempt to prevent security
firms from alerting their customers to them I am now of the opinion that M$
can go rot in hell...

I do not support piracy but I refuse to allow a supplier to cause me
considerable difficulty, after paying them for their product, in an attempt
to extract money from those who would never have bought it anyway.  M$ has
done the Linux Community an enormous service in disillusioning their
existing Client base.  Kind of like what protel is doing with ATS.  People
don't like being gouged or held to ransom.

We will continue to use our W2K licenses as we have too much software on the
platform with no equivalent in Linux at present.

Cheers

Don Ingram
Leading Edge Design
+61 7 4954 6074