At 08:45 PM 11/21/01 +1000, robi artwork wrote:
>I don't know how many  Protel Customer actually joined this forum - but
>maybe we, the lot of us,
>could have an impact for  Protel, considering Linux as the Base.

Techserv does not make readily available the subscriber base of this list.
At one time, about three years back, it was about one thousand. I think if
you want to buy an ad, they will tell you the base, though there is no way
to check it.

Many, many users have joined this forum since three years ago, but there is
also a relatively high attrition rate as users become comfortable with the
program and find the volume of traffic just too much.

(I've been recommending that rather than dropping entirely, these users
subscribe to [EMAIL PROTECTED], which has *very*
low traffic but which could occasionally be used by the association when it
is decided that some message or request should receive general
distribution. I am also thinking a lot at the moment about how to provide a
summary service which would extract the meat of the day's posts; like some
automatic digests, this would have a URL to the original posts, but it
would also have a human editor's summary of posts deemed significant.)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA