I ( and I am sure many others here) would be more than willing to beta test
a Protel unix version. I can not see it being that hard to convert protel
over (apart from converting the database over to mysql from access) I know
it would be labour intensive, but I believe it would give them more respect
(and may even save the company). In an age where ppl are getting pissed of
with monopolies and being told what to do and how to do it, OS's like the
*nix's are starting to be more and widely used.

I have moved all my servers over from NT to FreeBSD, and now experience up
times in double digits (would be higher if I used a UPS) where as NT would
have problems even making 10 days. And to make things better I do not have
to keep track of how many copies I have of the OS and computers using it,
and trying to make all the apps work together, to save having to buy another
license. Now if the web server bogs down and I need a second, I just throw
FreeBSD on another box and share the load. If this was not enough of a
reason, NT 4 was slow as on a p133 with 48Mb ram, FreeBSD runs fine on the
same machine, even ran faster on a 486 DX 2 66 than what NT was running on
the P133

Regards,

Kat.

 /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  |        K.A.Q. Electronics
 \ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail | Software and Electronic Engineering
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail  |      Perth Western Australia
 / \                                            |        Ph +61 419 923 731